Sunday, January 10, 2010

Blog post numero deux!

Hey all,
so, yey, I am writing my second post! So I have realized that I do a lot of my blog thinking in the shower, it is where I came up with the idea to start my own blog and it is where I decided what today's topic would be. So chances are if I never showered I would not have this blog...or friends.

Anyway, what do I want to talk about today? It is kinda a two parter.

I was on this totally awesome site called Invisible Children which you should all go to cause its an organization helping to rescue child solders in Uganda. Child solders, its pretty crazy right! I mean we get so mad about our war in Iraq, but in Uganda they have children fighting! I can't even imagine. (If you don't know about child solders I posted a definition at the bottom of this post from a website.) It is really interesting, everyone should check out the site and learn a little bit about the issue!

Anyway, while I was reading the Invisible Children's blog I came across a pretty cool website. Its called www.stickk.com it helps you to stay committed to your new years resolutions. Let's face it most people end up slacking off, me being one of them... Im even surprised at the people who are still keeping up their resolutions in February. I myself don't actually believe in making new years resolutions, I just try to accomplish things that will help me to become a better person, no matter what time of year it is (though I still end up slacking off and not completing them!). Anyway, the site is even good for that. You have to register, but hey its free! And don't we all love free things? Yes, yes we do! Its really cool, you even have the option put money at stake (you dont have to put any credit card info in, don't worry) and if you do not commit to your goal it will tell you how much money you owe. You can do a charity, a friend, a foe, whatever! Anyway, its a fun thing to do and it will help you commit to that one thing you are having trouble with! Hope you enjoy. Let me know if any of you try it...I am!

Also I would like to thank everyone who has read my first post! Hope its entertaining!

Christina

Who are child soldiers?

While there is no precise definition, the Coalition considers a child soldier any person under the age of 18 who is a member of or attached to government armed forces or any other regular or irregular armed force or armed political group, whether or not an armed conflict exists. Child soldiers perform a range of tasks including participation in combat, laying mines and explosives; scouting, spying, acting as decoys, couriers or guards; training, drill or other preparations; logistics and support functions, portering, cooking and domestic labour; and sexual slavery or other recruitment for sexual purposes.

This is from http://www.child-soldiers.org/childsoldiers/questions-and-answers


No comments:

Post a Comment