So, what to talk about? Something that I have been thinking about for a little while now. I am sorry if people reading this feel like I am beating you over the head talking about these subjects, but this is what I will mostly be talking about. Just giving you a heads up, cause if you don't want to hear it, stop reading now.
So everything that happened in Haiti, let me say up front, I do think it was horrible and it is so sad. But the thing that has been on my mind - Everyone is running around, trying to help everyone in Haiti, which is awesome. But what about other places in the world, who are living in horrible situations ALL THE TIME. Who is constantly helping them? I know there are organizations dedicated to such things like Invisible Children, Save Darfur, 24 Hours for Darfur, Love 146, etc. But wouldn't it be amazing if like EVERYONE could realize how crappy the world is (sorry for sounding so pessimistic). I mean I am constantly seeing commercials, news (TV), ads, newspapers, for Haiti, but what if there was a daily reminder of the crappy situations that are going on in Africa, South America, Asia, etc. Maybe more people will want to do more things. Do you know how much just a little bit of money can do for someone in Africa. I am rambling now, but I just think people need to be constantly reminded about ALL the situations going on in the world and maybe it would touch more people and help more people.
So that was a less organized blog I just posted. Pretty much came out as word vomit. But take it how you want to, I don't even know if it made sense (sense.. Matthew, I will never spell that wrong again thanks to you!). But feel free to talk to me about what I wrote if you didn't understand it, or disagree with it, or whatever. And now I am just continuing to ramble, so I will just leave you with that to think about.
Christina

How about all the poor starving kids in New jersey.
ReplyDeleteThank you for mentioning me and giving me credit for your spelling of "sense," XD Most of my blogs are pretty much word vomit, and mine are always in the 1000 word long category, so feel glad you didn't subject your readers to that!
ReplyDeleteI agree though, it is sad that we only look at the biggest top-headline catastrophes while there are tragedies going on all the time that we never look at. I think it's cause other organizations don't get the coverage that Haiti or Katrina help got, so your average joe who donates money to the first aid-organization on TV doesn't know what else is going on to give money for.